4th International Conference – ERAZ 2018 – KNOWLEDGE BASED SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Sofia- Bulgaria, June 7, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by: Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; Faculty of Business Studies, Mediterranean University – Podgorica, Montenegro; University of National and World Economy – Sofia, Bulgaria; Faculty of Commercial and Business Studies – Celje, Slovenia; Faculty of Applied Management, Economics and Finance – Belgrade, Serbia, ISBN 978-86-80194-12-7
In modern banking, the processes of mergers and acquisitions has become a strategic tool of ownership transformation of the banks with the purpose of developing and improving their performance.
The main goal of this paper is to analyze the motives and determinants of the processes of mergers and acquisitions of banks in the US, the EU and the transition economies of Central and Eastern Europe and recorded their differences.
Mergers and acquisitions, banks, transition economies, motives and determinants
- Evan Kraft, How big is the competition in the Croatian banking sector?, Croatian National Bank, May 2007, pgs. 12-18.
- Milbourn, T., Boot, A., Thakor, A., Megamergers and expanded scope: Theories of bank size and activity diversity, Journal of Banking and Finance, бр. 23, pgs. 195 – 214.
- Berger, A., The Profit-Structure Relationship in Banking–Tests of Market-Power and Efficient Structure Hypotheses, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking 27, 1995, No. 2, pgs. 404 – 431.
- Stiroh, K., Strahan, P., Competitive Dynamics of Deregulation: Evidence from U.S. Banking, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking 33, 2003, No. 5, pgs.. 801 – 828.
- Demsetz, R. i Strahan, P., Diversification, Size and Risk at Bank Holding Companies Journal of Money, Credit and Banking 29, 1997, No. 3, pgs. 300 – 313.
- Berger, A., The Integration of Financial Services: Where are the Efficiencies?, Federal Reserve Board of Governors Finance and Economics Discussion Paper, 2000-36, 2000, pgs. 6-28.
- Financial Services M&A, Going for growth in Europe, PricewaterhouseCoopers, April 2007, pg. 2.
- Financial Services M&A, Going for growth in Europe, PricewaterhouseCoopers, April 2007, pg. 10.
- Financial Services M&A, Going for growth in Europe, PricewaterhouseCoopers, April 2007, pg. 12.
- Financial Services M&A, Going for growth in Europe, PricewaterhouseCoopers, April 2007, pgs. 20-21.
- European Financial Services M&A Insight, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, September 2010, pg. 5.
- EU banking structures, ECB, September 2010, pgs. 16-17.
- Masic S., Mergers and acquisitions in European banking sector, Doctoral dissertation, University Singidunum, Belgrade, 2009, p. 62.
- Mesic, Dusan, Entry of foreign banks in the countries in transition, The National Bank of Serbia, Sector for control and supervision of banks, p. 49.
- IMF, Financial Sector Consolidation in Emerging Markets, Ch. V., International Capital Markets, August, 2001.
- IMF, Financial Sector Consolidation in Emerging Markets, Ch. V., International Capital Markets, August, 2001, pgs. 143-146.