Faculty of Corporate Strategy, Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice, Czech Republic
4th International Conference – ERAZ 2018 – KNOWLEDGE BASED SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Sofia- Bulgaria, June 7, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by: Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; Faculty of Business Studies, Mediterranean University – Podgorica, Montenegro; University of National and World Economy – Sofia, Bulgaria; Faculty of Commercial and Business Studies – Celje, Slovenia; Faculty of Applied Management, Economics and Finance – Belgrade, Serbia, ISBN 978-86-80194-12-7
At general level across the global scientific community there is an opinion consensus about the importance of strategic management and decision-making for the development of an entrepreneurial subject. A research survey on this issue was conducted on this issue in the conditions of the Czech Republic, to a lesser extent in the conditions of Russia and China. The subject of the research was focused on the existence of the company’s vision and mission, strategic goals and corporate strategies. From the statistical methods, Pearson’s chi-square test was used to determine the dependence / independence of selected categorical variables. These results need to be considered diagnostic (for Russian and Chinese enterprises), but some of the particularities of the national economies are already reflected in them. In spite of the already mentioned indicative character of the results, the assumption of significant differentiation in terms of objectives, tools and forms of strategic management of enterprises among the tested countries was not confirmed.
Strategic management, vision, mission, strategy, Czech Republic, Russia, China
- Andreeva, T. and Kianto, A. (2016). Empirically Testing the Role of Strategic Management of Knowledge in Firm Performance. In: Moffett, S. Proceedings of the 17th European Conference on Knowledge Management. Academic Conferences, Coleraine, UK, pp. 1-8. ISBN 978-1-911218-02-9. ISSN 2048-8963.
- Bucki, R. and Suchanek, P. (2012). The method of logistic optimization in e-commerce, Journal of universal computer science, Vol. 18, Issue 10, pp. 1238-1258. ISSN 0948-695X.
- Clegg, S. et al. (2011). Strategy. Theory and Practice. SAGE Publicationst Ltd, London. ISBN 978-1-84920-452-0.
- Delmar, F., Davidsson, P. and Gartner, W. B. (2003). Arriving at the high-growth firm, Journal of Business Venturing [online], Vol. 18, Issue 2, pp. 189-216. ISSN 08839026 [Retrieved 24. 1. 2018]. Available: https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0883902602000800
- Faltejsková, O. and Dvořáková, L. (2013). Controlling and Strategic Management in the Early 21st Century, In: ICMLG2013 Proceedings of the International Conference on Management, Leadership and Governance, ICMLG, pp. 117-125. ISBN 978-1-909507-01-2.
- Gogol, T. A. and Hnedina, K. V. (2016). Strategic Management Of Enterprise Activity In The Context Of Sustainable Development Concept, Scientific bulletin of Polissia, Vol. 3, Issue 7, pp. 181-189. ISSN 2412-2394.
- Kourdi, J. (2009). Business Strategy: A Guide to Taking Your Business Forward, Profile Books, London. ISBN 978-1-84668-124-0.
- Kurucz, A. (2016). Interdisciplinary field of strategic and change management in the rowing Hungarian Smes SECTOR, Strategica, pp. 417-428. ISSN 2392-702X.
- Mallya, T. (2007). Základy strategického řízení a rozhodování, Grada Publishing, Praha. ISBN 978-80-247-1911-5.
- Mintzberg, H. (2007). Tracking strategies, Oxford University Press, New York. ISBN 978-0-19-922850-8.
- Shvindina, H. O. (2017). Innovations of strategic management development: from competition to coopetition, Marketing and Management of Innovations [online], (1), pp. 180-192. ISSN 22184511 [Retrieved 12. 2. 2018]. Available: https://mmi.fem.sumdu.edu.ua/en/journals/2017/1/180-192
- Tan, L. and Ding, J. (2015). The frontier and evolution of the strategic management theory: A scientometric analysis of Strategic Management Journal, 2001-2012, Nankai Business Review International [online], Vol. 6, Issue 1, pp. 20-41. [Retrieved 12. 2. 2018]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1108/NBRI-09-2014-0036
- Whittington, R. (2001). What is strategy – and does it matter? Thomson Learning, London. ISBN 1-86152-377-7.