Iustinianus Primus Faculty of Law, University Ss. Cyril and Methodius, Skopje, Macedonia
4th International Conference – ERAZ 2018 – KNOWLEDGE BASED SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Sofia- Bulgaria, June 7, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by: Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; Faculty of Business Studies, Mediterranean University – Podgorica, Montenegro; University of National and World Economy – Sofia, Bulgaria; Faculty of Commercial and Business Studies – Celje, Slovenia; Faculty of Applied Management, Economics and Finance – Belgrade, Serbia, ISBN 978-86-80194-12-7
The subject of research of this paper presents the foreign direct investment in the Republic of Macedonia. The purpose of the research of this paper is to show whether there is discrimination between domestic investment in the Republic of Macedonia and foreign investments in the country. The first part is an introduction which explains the topic of the research, while the second part focuses on the legal and institutional framework for foreign direct investment in the Republic of Macedonia. The third part of the paper explains the conditions for attracting foreign direct investment in the Republic of Macedonia. The fourth part of the paper analyzes and gives answers for the discrimination between foreign and domestic investment in the practice of the country. Finally, the fifth part of the paper is the conclusion.
investment, domestic investment, foreign direct investment, portfolio investment, discrimination.
- Todorova Sofija, Uzunov Vanco, Petrevska Biljana, (2015), “Applied Economics”, Cultura, Skopje, pp.292-293.
- Surya P. Subedi, (2011), “International Investment Law – Reconciling policy and practice”, Oxford, pp.55 -74.
- Dimopoulos A. (2011), “EU Foreign Investment Law”, Oxford, pp.58-65.
- Todorova Sofija, Uzunov Vanco, Petrevska Biljana, (2015), “Applied Economics”, Cultura, Skopje, p.294.
- Rajnish August, (2008), “Standards for investment protection”, Book that is translated by the Government of the Republic of Macedonia, 2008, p.144.
- D’Amato A (2010), “Legal uncertainty” Faculty Working Papers, Northwestern University School of Law Scholarly Commons, стр.1-10.
- Braithwaite J (2002), “Rules and principles: a theory of legal certainty”, Aust J Legal Philos 27, pp. 47–82.
- Todorova Sofija, Uzunov Vanco, Petrevska Biljana, (2015), “Applied Economics”, Cultura, Skopje, pp.299-300.
- Agency for Foreign Investments and Export Promotion in the Republic of Macedonia, https://www.investinmacedonia.com/.
- CEA (2016), “Benefits and costs of foreign direct investment in the technological industrial development zones, Case: Macedonia for the period 2007-2014,” Research, CEA, Skopje, January 2016, pp.2-3.
- Macedonian Centre for European Training, (2015), “Quality of jobs offered by companies established in the Technological Industrial Development Zone”, January 2015, p.1.
- ZMAI, Association of Young researchers, “Impact of government subsidies for foreign direct investments, despite their effect on economic growth”, USAID, Skopje, September 2015, pp.1-16. ZMAI, Association of Young researchers, “Subsidized effect of FDI on the Macedonian economy – Brochure Part 2”, Skopje, February 2016, pp.1-16.
- Comparative analysis of the reports of the European Commission from 2012 to 2015, Foundation Open Society – Macedonia, Macedonian Centre for European Education, November 2015, pp.32-59.