University of Ss. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava, Faculty of Mass Media Communication, Slovak republic
4th International Conference – ERAZ 2018 – KNOWLEDGE BASED SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Sofia- Bulgaria, June 7, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by: Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; Faculty of Business Studies, Mediterranean University – Podgorica, Montenegro; University of National and World Economy – Sofia, Bulgaria; Faculty of Commercial and Business Studies – Celje, Slovenia; Faculty of Applied Management, Economics and Finance – Belgrade, Serbia, ISBN 978-86-80194-12-7
The aim of this paper is to highlight the importance of Human Resources Preparation in the Sphere of Environmentally Oriented Crisis Management in the context of circular economy. Systems of administrative work adjust to the requirements of the times and new, modern forms of administrative work are introduced into practice. The classic model of personal management has developed into human resources management, which uses modernized methods and procedures resembling those in marketing. It is all related to a change of strategy – product oriented companies have transformed into marketing or customer oriented ones, often multinational enterprises. Certainly, the level and degree of a company’s development varies in Slovakia. There are companies which have inherited a culture of effective business-making from their foreign investors. However, there are also such companies that have only recently received such an impulse and have just started this process of transformation.
Human resource management requires flexible and qualified professionals who are able to efficiently react to an emerging crisis situation, as well as to understand the reasons of their possible development. The lasting effects of crisis situations, that occur due to environmental risks, can inflict huge damages upon a company. These crises represent a huge burden, and can threaten the long-term objectives of a company or even its sole existence. Rules for an environmentally oriented crisis management (their specific aims, activities and education) can be constructed so a crisis situation can be successfully managed, and thus can minimize the impact of a crisis.
Environmental education in the broadest sense of the word represents an institutionalized way of passing knowledge about an environment. It forms a complete mosaic of relationships among people, society and nature. An individual participates in a formal or non-formal way. Some representatives of formal institutions are pre-school institutions, schools of each type and universities. However, concepts such as sustainable development are not made practical only through specialized trainings and formal education. Behavioral changes in all components of a society are necessary (i.e., citizens, communities, institutions, media, advertising agencies, industry, public administration, etc.). An educator, once a participant in a social environment and a circular economy, is not just a teacher or a transmitter of ideas; he is mainly a manager of change, who leads target groups to a permanently sustainable development.
Various studies show that environmental education in the context of a circular economy may increase the scale of knowledge about an environment. Nevertheless, it is also necessary to know that notions about an environment are not related to awareness regarding the environment or behaviour of individuals in it.
personal strategy, human resources management, risk, crisis, crisis management, environmentally oriented crisis management, circular economy
- Zuzák, R., Königová, M.(2009). Krizové řízení podniku. Praha, Grada Publishing, 2009. ISBN 978-80-247-3156-8
- Hajnik, B., Sakál, P.(2004). Príprava ľudských zdrojov pre oblasť environmentálneho krízového manažmentu. Zborník z konferencie Zvolen, TU, s. 313 – 316. ISBN 80-228-1330
- Vidová, J. (2014) Európa efektívne využívajúca zdroje. In For fin : odborný mesačník pre financie a investovanie [elektronický zdroj]. -Bratislava : Fin Star, 2014. ISSN 1339-5416, 2014, č. Júl-august, s. 1-5 online. Available on: https://18.104.22.168/0190799/FF-2014_Jul_August_Vidova Europa efektivne vyuzivajuca zdroje.pdf
- Národná stratégia trvalo udržateľného rozvoja [online]. Available on: https://www.tur.vlada.gov.sk/data/files/950.pdf.
- Guarda, D.: Circular Economy And A Blockchain Driven Sharing Economy? Blockchain 07/08/2016, Available on: https://ipv6.net/news/circular-economy-and-ablockchain-driven-sharing-economy/?shared=email&msg=fai
- Mihok, J., Borovský, A.(2003). Krízový manažment v podmienkach upadajúcej firmy. Herľany, s.87-90. ISBN 80-7099-720-6
- Mihok, J., Vidová, J.(2006). Riadenie podniku v kríze. Košice: Multiprint, . 69 s. ISBN80-8073-533-6
- Sakál, P. a kolektív autorov. (2007) Strategický manažment v praxi manažéra. Trnava: SP SYNERGIA. 703 s. ISBN 978-80-89291-04-5
- Papula, J. (2012) Stratégia a strategický manažment – Výzva pre manažérov. Wolters Kluwer (Iura Edition) Bratislava. ISBN 9788080785338