Ivica Nikolić, Jova Miloradić
Educons University, Faculty of Business Economics, Sremska Kamenica, Vojvode Putnika 87, Republic of Serbia
4th International Conference – ERAZ 2018 – KNOWLEDGE BASED SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Sofia- Bulgaria, June 7, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by: Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; Faculty of Business Studies, Mediterranean University – Podgorica, Montenegro; University of National and World Economy – Sofia, Bulgaria; Faculty of Commercial and Business Studies – Celje, Slovenia; Faculty of Applied Management, Economics and Finance – Belgrade, Serbia, ISBN 978-86-80194-12-7
The complexity of the manager’s tasks creates permanent neuro-muscular tension, which in turn causes fatigue and stress as unavoidable consequences of intellectual work. Sports recreation as a means for dealing with intellectual fatigue and stress becomes the basic remedy in the modern business world, especially for managers.
This paper analyzes the sources and causes of managerial stress and the ways to overcome it. The importance of sports recreation, which is a very effective means for fighting fatigue and stress, has been emphasized. In this way, each manager’s efficiency can be significantly improved.
manager, fatigue, stress, sports recreation
- Nikolić, I. (2009) Sportska rekreacija menadžera, Beograd.
- Sečenov, I.M., Pavlov, I.P., N.J.Vedenski, N.J. (1952) Fiziologija nervnog sistema, Izabrana dela, AMN, SSSR.
- Volkov, V.M. (1977) Oporavak u sportu, Moskva.
- Dimitrijević, B.(1975) Zamor, Beograd.
- Gligorovski, V., Mancheski, G., Angeleski, M. (2018) Quantification of the Managerial Stress, TEM Journal, Vol. 7, Iss. 1, pp. 201-210.
- Radnović, B., Radnović, V. (2013) Managerial Stress Management as an Asset in People Management Being a Marketing Strategy Element, Industrija, Vol. 41, No.2, pp. 123 – 136.
- Vrdoljak Raguž, I., Čučuk, I. (2017) Managerial Stress – Effects and Consequences, Dubrovnik International Economic Meeting, pp. 519 – 532.
- Meško, M., Videmšek, M., Karpljuk,D., Štok, Z. M., Podbregar, I. (2009) Occupational Stress Among Slovene Managers with Respect to Their Participation in Recreational Sport Activities, Zdrav Var, Vol. 49, pp. 117-123.
- Nikolić, I. (2006) Sportska rekreacija u turizmu, Beograd.