Saša Virijević Jovanović
Faculty of Applied Management, Economics and Finance, Belgrade, Serbia
High school for tourism, Belgrade, Serbia
High school for tourism, Belgrade, Serbia
4th International Conference – ERAZ 2018 – KNOWLEDGE BASED SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Sofia- Bulgaria, June 7, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by: Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; Faculty of Business Studies, Mediterranean University – Podgorica, Montenegro; University of National and World Economy – Sofia, Bulgaria; Faculty of Commercial and Business Studies – Celje, Slovenia; Faculty of Applied Management, Economics and Finance – Belgrade, Serbia, ISBN 978-86-80194-12-7
The aim of the paper is to show that sustainable development is the only alternative for achieving the long-term success in modern international marketing. By researching various business examples, the paper explains that the application of well-designed, sustainable marketing strategies leads to profitability of the company. The paper also points to the connection of sustainable marketing and social innovation that represents the development of new ideas – products, services and models in order to meet social needs and create new social relationships or collaborations.
sustainable development, sustainable marketing, green marketing, social innovatio
- Kotler Ph, Zaltman G. S.(1971) Social Marketing: An Approach to Planned Social Change, American Marketing Association Journal of Marketing Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 3-12.
- Fisk G. (1974) Marketing and the ecological crisis, Harper & Row, Wisconsin
- Henion K. E., Kinnear T. C. (1976) “A Guide to Ecological Marketing.” in Ecological Marketing. Columbus, Ohio: American Marketing Association.
- Sheth J., Parvatiyar A. (1995) The Evolution of Relationship Marketing, International Business Review Vo|. 4, No. 4, pp. 397-418.
- Belz F. M., Peattie K. (2012) Sustainability Marketing: A Global Perspective, John Wiley and Sons
- Belz, F.-M. (2006): Marketing in the 21st Century, Business Strategy and the Environment, 15, 3, pp. 139-144.
- WCED (1987) Our Common Future, Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development
- United Nations, 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Belz F.M., Peattie K. (2012) Sustainability Marketing: A Global Perspective, John Wiley and Sons, pp.17.
- Eccles R. G. and Serafeim G. (2013) A Tale of Two Stories: Sustainability and the Quarterly Earnings Call, Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Volume 25 Number 3, Harvard Business School, pp.6.
- Fuller D. (1999) Sustainable marketing Managerial – Ecological Issues, Sage Publications, London
- Jamrozy U. (2017) Marketing of tourism: a paradigm shift toward sustainability, Marketing of tourism, 1 (2), p. 117-130.
- Slater SF and Olson EM (2001) Marketing’s contribution to the implementation of strategy: an empirical analysis, Strategic Management Journal 22(11), pp.1055-1067.
- Belz F. M., Peattie K. (2012) Sustainability Marketing: A Global Perspective, John Wiley and Sons, pp.16.
- European Commission, Special Eurobarometer 468, Attitudes of European citizens towards the environment, September-October 2017
- Mulgan G. (2007) Social innovation what it is, why it matters and how it can be accelerated, Oxford
- Nidumolu R., Prahalad C.K., and Rangaswami M.R.( 2009) Why Sustainability Is Now the Key Driver of Innovation, Harvard Business Review, september
- Knut H., David M., Jeremy J., Subramanian R. (2013) Making Sustainability Profitable, https://hbr.org/2013/03/making-sustainability-profitable
- Polonsky M., Rosenberger Ph. (2001) Reevaluating green marketing: a strategic approach, Business Horizons, 2001, vol. 44, issue 5, p.21-30.
- Whiting D. (2008) Why is marketing missing from the sustainability agenda? https://www.marketingsociety.com/the-library/why-marketing-missing-sustainability agenda#GmwwhK1lG3crcVL4.97
- Fulton M. et al. (2012) Sustainable Investing: Establishing Long Term Value and Performance, DB Climate Change Advisors, Deutsche Bank Group, dbadvisors.com.
- Unruh G., Kiron D., Kruschwitz N., Reeves M., Rubel H., and Meyer zum Felde A. (2016) Findings from the 2016 sustainability global executive study and research project, Investing For a Sustainable Future, Boston Consulting Group, pp.7.