Nur Undey Kalpaklioglu, Egemen Gunes Tukenmez
Halic University, Faculty of Management, Istanbul, Turkey
4th International Conference – ERAZ 2018 – KNOWLEDGE BASED SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Sofia- Bulgaria, June 7, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by: Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; Faculty of Business Studies, Mediterranean University – Podgorica, Montenegro; University of National and World Economy – Sofia, Bulgaria; Faculty of Commercial and Business Studies – Celje, Slovenia; Faculty of Applied Management, Economics and Finance – Belgrade, Serbia, ISBN 978-86-80194-12-7
Tour operators have important role in development of tourism and people participating in tourism. Especially in developing countries, tour operators have significant part in number of tourists and the increase on tourism revenue. They also have a natural effect on the development and marketing of destinations. In this context, social media accounts of incoming tour operators with biggest tourist volume in Antalya have been analyzed. Antalya which has a significant role in Turkish tourism, hosted 20% of the tourists in Turkey in 2016. In this regard, a content analysis has been applied. The twitter accounts of 10 tour operators which have the biggest tourist volume in Antalya have been analyzed. The number of tweets, the content of tweets, topics, destinations in Antalya, the percentage of tweets related both to Antalya and Turkey has been analyzed.
Antalya, social media marketing, tourism marketing, digital marketing, twitter marketing
- Cetin, Mustafa. Ozgiden, Hatice (2013). A Research on Digital Natives and Digital Immigrants Twitter User Behavior in the Process of Digital Culture, Gumushane University E-journal of Faaculty of Communication, Volume 2, Number 1, pp.172-189, Gumushane.
- Doganer, Mehmet Can. Armagan, Ece (2018). Seyahat Bloglarının Destinasyon Seçimine Etkisi, Pamukkale University Journal of Social Sciences Institute, Issue 30, pp.223-237, Denizli.
- İbis, Salim. Engin, Yahya (2016). Determining the Role of Socail Media Use for the Selection of Food and Beverage Enterprise, Mehmet Akif Ersoy Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitusu Dergisi, Volume 9, Number 17, pp.323-336, Burdur.
- Kalpaklioglu, Nur Undey. Toros, Nihal. (2011). Viral Marketing Tecniques Within Social Network, JOY, Volume 6, Number 24, pp. 4112-4129, Izmir.
- Odabaşıi H. Ferhan vd. (2012). A New Media for Education Anadolu Journal of Educational Sciences International, 2(1), pp.89-103, Eskisehir.
- Toprak, Ali. Yildirim, Aysenur. Aygul, Eser. Binark, Mutlu. Borekci, Senem. Comu, Tugrul. (2014), Toplumsal Paylasim Agi Facebook: Goruluyorum Oyleyse Varim, Kalkedon, Istanbul