Daniel Taus, Dorin Radu
Transilvania University of Brașov, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Brașov, Romania
4th International Conference – ERAZ 2018 – KNOWLEDGE BASED SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Sofia- Bulgaria, June 7, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by: Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; Faculty of Business Studies, Mediterranean University – Podgorica, Montenegro; University of National and World Economy – Sofia, Bulgaria; Faculty of Commercial and Business Studies – Celje, Slovenia; Faculty of Applied Management, Economics and Finance – Belgrade, Serbia, ISBN 978-86-80194-12-7
One of the major concerns of the steel structures field is the defining of methods for reducing material consumption, and obtaining safe structures in service using elements with cross sections which does not require manual labor and can have a reduced steel quantity. An economical way to reduce the weight of steel elements is to decrease the thickness of the web of welded profiles required to bend and the profile of the web.
The present paper proposes to perform a comparative analysis on the shear web resistance of the steel plate girders and girders with corrugated webs (trapezoidal and sinusoidal web).
Corrugated beam webs, sinusoidal corrugated webs, trapezoidal corrugated
- Ramberger G. (1990) ‐ „Expert Opinion on the calculation of welded I‐beams with corrugated webs”, Vienna, 11.16.1990.
- Moga P. (2013) – „Grinzi metalice conformate structural” U.T. Press, Cluj‐Napoca, 2013, ISBN 978‐973‐662‐882‐
- Taus D., Ch. Cazacu (2016) – „Notions of Share Force Rezistane of Double T Thick Steel Welded Sheets with Sinusoidal Webs Produced in Romania” Bulletin of Transilvania Univesity of Brasov, CIBv 2018, Vol. 9 (58)‐2016, Series I: Engeneering Sciences.
- Final report on the bearing performance of corrugated web beams; Brandenburg University of Technology, Chair of Steel Construction, Cottbus 1996.
- SR EN 10025‐ 2: 2004 Produse laminate la cald din oteluri pentruconstructii. Partea 2: Conditiitehnice de livrarepentruoteluri de constructiinealiate,(Hot rolled products of constructions structural steels. Part 2: Technical delivery conditions for unalloyed structural steels).
- SR EN 1993‐ 1‐5: 2006 Eurocod 3: Proiectarea structurilor de otel. Partea 1‐5: Elemente structurale din placi plane solicitate in planul lor,(Steel structures design. Part 1‐5: Structural elements of flat plates stressed in their plan).
- Test reports on experiments carried out on I‐beams with corrugated web plates, Vienna University of Technology, institute for Steel Construction, Dept of Applied model Statics in Steel Construction, August 1990.