Zvezdan Stojanović, Fuad Hasanović
Kallos University, Technical Faculty, Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
4th International Conference – ERAZ 2018 – KNOWLEDGE BASED SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, Sofia- Bulgaria, June 7, 2018, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS published by: Association of Economists and Managers of the Balkans, Belgrade, Serbia; Faculty of Business Studies, Mediterranean University – Podgorica, Montenegro; University of National and World Economy – Sofia, Bulgaria; Faculty of Commercial and Business Studies – Celje, Slovenia; Faculty of Applied Management, Economics and Finance – Belgrade, Serbia, ISBN 978-86-80194-12-7
Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) is a transitional economy which is pursuing membership in the European Union and the World Trade Organization. Key ICT indicators: penetration rates for fixed, mobile and Internet subscribers, for BiH are solid. This good ICT infrastructure allows users to access social media, regardless of whether they used fixed or mobile networks. Social media can be used for different purposes. This paper will show the application of social networks in areas such as tourism, education, marketing, politics and local and state administration bodies in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
social networks, ICT infrastructure, local and state administratio
- ITU (2017),”Key ICT indicators for the ITU/BDT regions (totals and penetration rates)”, ITU, available online: https://idp.nz/Global-Rankings/ITU-Key-ICT-Indicators/
- CRA(2016), “The Annual Report of the Communications Regulatory Agency for 2016”, available online: https://www.rak.ba
- A. M. Kaplan, M. Haenlein, (2010) “Users of the world unite! The challenges and opportunities of Social Media”, Business Horizonts Vol 53, pp 59-68, available online: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2009.09.003.
- Adcombo “Internet usage in Bosnia and Herzegovina,” available online https://adcombo-blog.com
- Wikipedia, “Social media”, available online https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media
- J. Miguens, R. Baggio, C. Costa (2008),”Social media and Tourism Testinations: TripAdvisor Case Study”, Proceedings to the IASK Portugal.
- Oxford Economics (2016) ,“The Global Economic Contribution of TripAdvisor”.
- Z. Xiang, U. Gretzel(2010), ”Role of social media in online travel information search”, Tourism Management, Vol.31, , pp 179-188, available online: https://dx.doi/10.1016/j.tourman.2009.02.016
- WEF, “The Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report 2017”, available online https://www.weforum.org/reports/the-travel-tourism-competitiveness
- UN (2016), “e-government survey 2016”.
- B. Babic, D. Gaspar, D. Lucovic,(2017), “Social networks-potential and challenges in Bosnia and Herzegovina”, DIEM Vol3, No1 pp 480-490 online available https://hrcak.srce.hr/187404
- Z. Stojanovic (2017), “E-Government in Bosnia and Herzegovina” Proceedings to UNITECH, Gabrovo, Bulgaria, IV-171 to IV-175
- UNDP (2010), “eGovernance and ICT Usage Report for South-East Europe (second edition)“, available online: https://issuu.com/unitednations_bih
- L.M. Braz, T. Sarao, S. Crespo, G. Clunie (2013), “A Flexible Architecture to Promote the Integration between Moodle and Social Network Sites” Revista Brasileira de Informáticana Educação, Volume 21, No 1, https://dx.doi.org/10.5753/RBIE.2013.21.01.37.
- P. Cauley (2012), “The guide to explain it all Edmodo, version 3.1”, available online https://www.csub.edu
- K. Balasubramaniana, V. Jaykumar , L.N Fukeyb (2014) “A study on Student preference towards the use of Edmodo as a learning platform to create responsible learning environment”, Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol 144 pp 416-422 available online https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.07.311
- Moodle, “Registered Moodle sites”, available online https://moodle.net/sites/index.php?country=BA
- S. Neti, (2017) “Social media and its role in marketing”, International Journal of Enterprise Computing and Business Systems, Vol 1, No2, available online: https://www.ijecbs.com.
- Sales force (2016), “State of marketing“ available online www.salesforce.com/research
- Pro Educa (2016), “Novinarstvo i društvene mreže u Bosni i Hercegovini”, available online https://proeduca.net